Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bradley William

Bradley William was born Feb 8, 2011 at 9:47 pm. He was 7 lb. and 20 3/4 inches long. I was induced (because of pre-eclampsia) so it took a little longer than my other labors but the nurses and doctors were great and my mom was a huge support. I was able to email back and forth a little with Brian to keep him updated (although we didn't get reception so my mom kept taking the phone down the hall to send the messages!) Bradley was face-up so it was pretty difficult towards the end but overall it was a good experience and we're so excited that he's here! Proud Grandma!


My mom brought the kids in the next day. (Thanks Siobhan for watching them for us all day Tuesday!)

I love this one of Evan.
Bringing Baby Home:

Jaundice is really common here because of the altitude and at his next day check up, they were a little concerned so we're laying him in the sun during the day and trying to make sure he gets enough fluids. He's already better today. First sponge bath from Grandma:


He is a sweet baby and we're all totally in love with him already. We got to Skype with Brian today so he could see him "in person" besides just the pictures. I'll try to put pictures on more frequently for all of you but especially for Brian.
I can tell my blood pressure is going down as well as the swelling in my face and hands/feet and I'm feeling so much better now. I don't know what I would do without my mom here and all the friends who have been helping out--and thank you for all the messages and prayers. I appreciate you!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Congratulations Jen!! Bradley's so beautiful and looks perfect!!!!!!!!

Suzanne Rogers said...

Jen,
You look terrific! Bradley is so sweet! Congratulations!
Suzanne

Our European adventure... said...

Congratulations! He is so precious! He definitely looks like the other kiddos! I am so glad you are feeling a lot better. Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
I'm so glad you had your mom there with you. I guess I didn't realize Brian was gone already. Bless your heart! I know that was difficult. But if anyone could do it, that would be you! How long is your mom staying with you? I sure wish I was close enough to help, but I'm sure you've got good friend there! Love you all!
Jess Hillman