Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day and More...

Natalie and her crazy faces.
One night after bath Blake started tackling Evan and said, "I just need to wrestle someone!!" Guess he misses his Daddy.

We had planned to have picnic outside one day but it was so hot and there was no shade so we moved it indoors... still fun. :)
Evan watching the dough mix in the bread machine.
We tried out making soft pretzels... very yummy but we probably need some more practice twisting them. :)
There's a pizza place right near our house that has games and rides, kind of like Chuck E Cheese. We walked to it one of the days we were stranded at home with our jeep in the shop. (We've been having lots of trouble-and they can't figure it out, just won't start sometimes and has left me stuck in a store parking lot with all the kids several times now. Hopefully we can figure something out soon!)

We went to visit Brian's Aunt Debbie and Uncle Larry near Louisville for Labor Day. I hadn't met them yet (or their kids) and it had been awhile for Brian so it was a great day of catching up.
Hotdog lunch out back.
They have grandkids similar ages so our kids loved playing with all their toys.
Especially riding bikes since we don't have ours here.
Cousin Kate--great to finally meet you too! :)
Yummy cookout, complete with ribs and all the sides.
Evan especially loved the banana pudding dessert!
Trying to get some pics of everyone...

Gets harder the more kids we add...

Thanks so much for having us!
I had to take this picture... after a very long day at the doctor's office, it POURED rain on us on our way back to the car. As Natalie says, we were "soaped and wet" (soaking wet) and I just had to laugh. I thought, "what else can happen today?!"
We've definitely had our share of hard times and difficult things about being here but we've also had lots of great and wonderful memories to cherish too. The song and promise I keep clinging to is that God never lets go, He's with us through all of this... and always will be. What an incredible thought!
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me.
To listen to the song on YouTube, click HERE
May you be blessed today with this promise!

No comments: