Saturday, January 9, 2010

More Christmas

Sorry for the delay in getting these posted... I took over 500 pictures of our 10 days so it's been a big project to pick out the best so as not to overwhelm you all!
Christmas Morning: opening stockings

Brian and I did stockings too. This year, we actually had surprises for each other so it made opening gifts even more fun than usual.
(We went to Paris for our honeymoon and had an Eiffel Tower ornament to remember it but unfortunately it broke a few years ago. I was so excited when I found one exactly like it!)

Grandma's yummy breakfast spread... complete with Danish Kringle that we've had every Christmas I can remember. I love traditions! :)

Buzz Lightyear and Woody!

Word Whammer... you put 3 magnetic letters to make words. Let's just say our fridge is full of these letters now! :)

Veggie Tales! Thanks Mom and Dad.

Ev opening some gifts... Natalie had wrapped up this green bear for him (it's from when he had his PE tubes put in) and it was his favorite thing! :)
New Bible from his Great Grandma and Grandpa. Thanks!


We gave my parents a mug with pictures of our family.
(Cute quote: my mom said she was going to have to "fight" my Dad for who would get to use it in the morning. The next day when my mom was drinking coffee with it Natalie asked, "Did Grandma beat up Grandpa to get the mug?"

A couple years ago, my mom and Katherine gave Natalie a Build-a-Bear with a voice recording in it--you push the paw and you can hear their message. They made one for Blake this year. He loves it!

Katherine painted this awesome jewelry box for Natalie. Thanks so much, she plays with it everyday!


My Dad bought my mom new Pampered Chef cookware for Christmas. We put them to use right away on the Christmas dinner... they work great!

Grandpa carving the turkey.

The big meal... and of course, sparkling cider. :)

Dishes...

...and football/nap time!



My aunt and uncle and 4 cousins came to visit for a few days. We hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving last year so it was great to catch up, even if only for a short time. We had a blast.. Love you guys so much!

We had my mom's famous homemade pizza the first night.
Ping Pong Tournament
Bath Time

Kath, Maggie and Alex preparing the toppings for curry.

Saying goodbye-- Thanks for a wonderful visit...Off to Brian's family now!

1 comment:

Randy & Laura said...

Hi there :) It's always fun to see your pictures. Brady has those same pajamas, and we gave our kids that same Bible for Christmas. We really like it! Mandy sits down with the Bible and says, "Where's Mary?" as she turns the pages. I guess we read about Mary & Joseph a lot at Christmas. Looks like you had a great time visiting family, what a blessing to have so many of you together for the holidays. Give your kids a hug from all of us!