Thursday, January 22, 2009

Out of the mouth of Natalie...

Natalie makes us laugh all the time and I keep a piece of paper handy to jot down some of the funny things she comes up with... here's a sampling:

"Mom, I just hurt my wrinkle." (it was her ankle)
"It looks likes worms!" when eating French Onion Soup, which both kids surprisingly love.
In the car on the way home, on a very chilly day, "Mom, I would like to have macaroni and cheese for lunch today because it will make me feel all warm and cozy inside." :)

"Can you sing Tinkerbells again?" (Jingle Bells)
When we lost the cover for our grill on a windy day-
Natalie: "Maybe Jesus has our cover."
Me: "What do you think He's doing with it?"
Natalie: "Just playing-then maybe He'll throw it back down to us."

In a public bathroom, pointing to the words on the dispenser: "This says 'I have toilet paper.'"

Me: "What should we say on our thank you card?"
Natalie: "Dear Jesus..."

I was singing "Holy, Holy, Holy" and got to "Early in the morning..." and stopped for her to finish singing it and she said, "... the sun wakes up!"

Misc phrases and words:
watermelon= waterlemon
forgot= reef-got (now turned into re-forgot)
"Look Mom, he learned himself how to do the puzzle!"
"This will help feel you better." (pouring pretend tea for Blake)

Natalie is very loving and will say things like, "I love you really much Mommy" and "Can I give you a big hug?" all throughout the day. She's that way with Brian and Blake too and even to the new baby. Just today she said, "I can't wait til the baby comes out so I can hold him and tell him I love him and hug and kiss him all the time." :)
By the way, according to the doctor on Tues, the baby is head down so it looks like everything is ready. We'll let you know when he arrives... just about 3 weeks now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! I can't handle how adorable she is... these are so perfect. I MISS HER. Keep these quotes coming... they make me so happy. I love you jeffina. (remember when dad used to call you that?!?) HAHAHA

Our European adventure... said...

Wow, I can't wait for Mallory to talk that good. She is getting there, but it is going to be fun when she finally says some big sentences. You guys take care. Can't wait to see the new addition!