Monday, March 15, 2010

I love my kitchen.

I love to try new recipes and although Brian would probably sometimes prefer a little less creativity, the kids are generally pretty good kitchen helpers and tasters. :)
I tried this Garlic Focaccia this week. It was SO good!
I mixed it my bread machine and baked it on my bar pan... the kids and I practically ate the entire thing before Daddy came home. If you don't have a bread machine you could google some recipes but this one is fabulous if you do: Click this link for recipe.We had a Birthday party at MOPS so I made this cake... so many people asked how I did it so I thought I'd put it on here... I taped two pieces of paper together to make the size of the cake. Then I roughly drew the letters on the paper, cut them out, laid them on the cake and used a knife to trace/cut the letters. Then transferred to the covered cutting board. It helps to do a "crumb coat" (lightly frost with diluted frosting) and then freeze before frosting the whole thing. And last.... Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies!
A student's mom gave me this recipe in Germany when I was teaching. I'd never tried them but we did this week and they were delicious! I have lots of gluten-free friends so this would be great for you and your kids. Enjoy!
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
Combine all together and bake at 300 for 8-10 minutes.

I know these aren't the most nutritious recipes (we actually do eat quite healthy!) but they were the "keepers" of the week so just had to share... Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Just checked out your blog for the first time in a very long time. Love the recipes and might have to try that Garlic Focaccia.